Egg Mitch-Muffins - a dish with a funny name and serious flavor.
So one morning Michelle came up with this idea and it was just awesome. Egg Mitch-Muffins are a combination of eggs, diced ham, mushrooms, cream, and grated cheddar all thrown into a muffin tin. It's kind of like a mini baked omelette. They're pretty easy to make and simply delicious.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : varies minutes
- Yield : varied
- eggs - 1 for each muffin cup
- ham - diced, 1-2 Tbs per muffin cup
- fresh mushrooms - diced, 1-2 Tbs per muffin cup
- cream - 1 slight drizzle per muffin cup
- medium cheddar cheese - grated, 1-2 Tbs per muffin cup
- salt - to taste
- black pepper - fresh ground, to taste
- olive oil or non stick cooking spray - for greasing muffin pan to prevent sticking
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Oil or spray muffin tin to prevent sticking.
2) Put the ham and mushrooms into the bottom of the muffin cups. Add grated cheddar cheese. Gently break egg into muffin cup on top of cheese. Try not to break the yolk. Drizzle a little cream on top of the egg and salt and pepper to taste.
3) Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 7-8 minutes for soft yolk, 9-10 minutes for semi-soft yolk, or 11-12 minutes for hard yolks. Serve immediately.
Egg Mitch-Muffins are a tasty way to start your day.
Ok, Egg Mitch-Muffins is a funny name but since Mitch created this one she gets to name it. These are delicious and fun to make and eat.