Gluten Free Bread Pudding with Vanilla Pudding Sauce. This is a great bread pudding recipe. It features gluten free bread and is pretty easy to make. We used raisins that we soaked in Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Simply wonderful.
- Prep Time : 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- Yield : 8
- gluten free bread - 6-7 cups, cut into 1 inch pieces. We used Schar Parbaked Baguettes
- milk - 4 1/4 Cups
- eggs - 3
- sugar - 1 Cup
- vanilla extract - 2 Tbs
- allspice - 1/4 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- raisins - 1 Cup, we soaked ours in Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum for 2 hours
- butter - 3 Tbs, melted
- heavy cream - 1/2 Cup
- evaporated milk - 2 - 12 oz cans
1) Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
2) Put the bread pieces into a large bowl, pour the milk over them, and crush the bread with your hands until all of the milk is absorbed
3) In a different bowl, beat the eggs well, add the sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and mix well.
4) Gently mix the egg and spice mixture into the bread mixture. Stir in the rum-soaked raisins. Note: we did not add the rum that the raisins were soaking in.
5) Pour the butter into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and coat the bottom and sides well.
6) Pour in the bread mixture, pack it lightly, and bake for 50 minutes or until the edges are brown and are pulling away from the sides of the baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
For the pudding, we used Jello French Vanilla instant pudding and used evaporated milk instead of regular milk to mix it with. We also added about 1/2 cup of heavy cream to make it more of a sauce and less like a pudding. We followed the rest of the directions on the box and spooned it at room temperature over the warm bread pudding.
Gluten Free Bread Pudding with Vanilla Pudding Sauce. This is a fantastic bread pudding. It has a great flavor and texture, and it’s pretty easy to make. And best of all, it’s me approved!! 🙂